Estimating the data plan allowance that you may need while traveling or being on-the-go is actually a tricky question because it highly depends on each individual Internet usage.
The best approach we have found so far is categorizing typical internet use and estimating from there what different activities you can do with 1GB allowance as a reference.
What great stuff can you do with 1GB of data allowance in a day while being on-the-go?*
* Upload 150 photos or videos on Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat TikTok;
* Send 500 instant messages with WhatsApp, Messenger, Skype;
* Stream 2h of music from Spotify, Apple Music, Deezer, Amazon Music;
* Stream of videos on YouTube for 1/2h
* Play your favorite online games for 1h
What can you do with 1GB of data allowance in a day while traveling for work?*
* Send 500 e-mails;
* Surf the Web for 10h;
* Make VoIP calls during 5h with WhatApps, Skype, Messenger, Google Hangout…;
* Use your favorite GPS navigation app for 2h, Waze, Google Maps, HERE WeGo…
* Stream music for 1h from Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, Deezer;
*Examples based on the average data usage observed for a standard consumption of Internet and similar applications in a day