In order to share the Ubigi cellular data connection from your Windows 10 or Windows 11 device with another device, please follow the instructions below:
First, make sure that your Windows 10 or Windows 11 device is connected to the Ubigi cellular network: disable the Wi-Fi option and activate the Cellular network option in the network tab. Then go to Settings on your Windows 10 or Windows 11 device > Network & internet.
On the displayed page in “Cellular”:
– Click on the slider at the top to activate the option
– Set the second two choices by selecting Cellular (*) when it is possible
On the displayed page:
– Click on “Mobile Hotspot” to access its menu
– Activate Mobile Hotspot by putting the button at the top on “ON”
Once this option is activated, activate the Wi-Fi on the other device (the one you want to get connected), select your Windows 10 or Windows 11 device signal and enter the password (NB: the network name and password are displayed on the Cellular page for Windows 10, and on the “Mobile Hotspot” page for Windows 11).
And voilà! The tethering is now working and you can connect several devices to share the Ubigi connectivity.
(*) In case the Cellular option appears as not clickable (all grey) on your Windows 10 device, you will need to register the APN first in the Settings. To do that, please follow the instruction on section How to set the APN for Ubigi eSIM?
Once the APN is set, go back to Settings >Connections > Mobile hotspot and tethering > Mobile hotspot to check if the option is now available:
– if it does, go further with the instructions above to set the option
– if it does not, double-check that you registered well the mbb APN and if the situation persists do not hesitate to contact our
Customer Service for more help.
Note: If you are using a VPN on your device, it is recommended that you disable it in case you are having trouble connecting to Ubigi services.